LINCOLN CHILD CENTER Lincoln Child Center enables vulnerable and emotionally troubled children and their families to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Bilingual Family Specialist PROGRAM: Project Permanence ACCOUNTABILITY: Team Leader
JOB SUMMARY: To provide direct clinical case management services and after-care to children in transition, and their families; to participate in intake assessments; to provide clinical case management direction to the treatment team.
- M.S.W., M.A., M.S. or Ph.D., in relevant field, from an accredited educational institution.
- Current license or license eligible.
- A minimum of two years of mental health experience.
- Experience in providing direct clinical case management services to children with severe emotional/learning problems and their families preferred.
- Must possess bilingual proficiency in Spanish; ideal candidate will have minimum 1 ; 3 years of bilingual clinical work experience;
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to provide ongoing clinical case management consultation to assigned staff.
- Demonstrated awareness of, sensitivity to and competence in dealing with cultural and socioeconomic diversity of client population.
- The willingness and the ability to be trained, using our therapeutic and relationship-building philosophy that includes Collaborative Problem-Solving, Life Space Crisis Intervention (LSCI), and SAFE Environments training programs.
- Physical fitness with the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, drop to one knee and get back up.
- Physical ability to work on a keyboard to prepare reports and to enter data.
- Valid California driver’s license, a clear driving record, availability of personal vehicle and personal vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to bill for Medi-Cal services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possesses ability to conduct clinical discussions in Spanish, including individual and/or family therapy sessions;
- Form, oversee and lead family treatment team from a wrap-around service model.
- Participate in Project Permanence on-call.
- Obtain and complete necessary clinical records/documents within assigned time frames.
- Complete outcome measurements within specified time lines.
- Assess psychotherapeutic and case management needs of children and families and develop a treatment plan agreed on by the parent(s), placement agency and treatment team.
- Provide crisis intervention to children and families in collaboration with the treatment team.
- Develop agreed upon discharge plan and assess continuing care needs in collaboration with the Team Leader, parent(s), placement agency, and treatment team.
- Ensure culturally sensitive and relevant treatment plans.
- Involve the child and family members in the treatment plan and promote understanding.
- Develop and monitor working treatment goals and objectives with measurable outcomes.
- Participate in treatment reviews, IEPs and other case conferences as needed.
- Participate in weekly supervision and consult weekly with the relevant program Supervisor.
- Seek out internal consultative resources as appropriate.
- Attend required meetings as assigned.
- Follow agency protocol and procedures.
- Maintain and promote customer-marketing perspective with parents, placement agencies and providers.
- Instruct staff concerning all LCC safety policies, procedures, and rules, and enforcing these within work group. Ensure that staff attends all required safety training sessions. Require immediate reporting of all workplace hazards, safety rule violations, near misses, and work related injuries.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, full-time, exempt, benefited position.
Schedule: Flexible schedule based on program and client needs. Generally weekdays from 10:00 AM ; 6:00 PM. Weekends as needed. AFFILIATION: Non-Union.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience and salary scale.
BENEFITS: Competitive benefits package available.
How to apply
Please apply directly at:
1266 14th Street, Oakland, CA, 94607, US