This Seattle based, entry level position is responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and training volunteers, parents & children. The Case Manager assists in educating the community regarding the goals of the agency while maintaining a caseload of Community Based and Site Based matches made with Big Brother and Big Sister applicants to Little Brothers and Little Sisters. This position will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: volunteer yield, match closure rate, frequency of match closures, average match length, volunteer rematch rate and customer satisfaction.
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Company Industry: Youth Services
Job Role: Program Staff
Joining Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Non-exempt Employee
Salary Range: $15.00-$17.00 per hour
Manages Others: No
Number of Vacancies: 1
Languages: Spanish (required)
Essential Functions, Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Own and conduct entire enrollment process for volunteers and clients
- Support and manage client caseload through entire process to ensure a successful and viable relationship
- Maintain documentation to assure accountability, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Schedule flexibility in order Support clients, program activities and events through availability in evenings and weekends
- Initiate ongoing enhancements to agency practices
- Assist Director and Chief Program Officer as needed
General Enrollment Responsibilities
- Conduct volunteer enrollments, including: individual orientations, interviews, and completion of any other enrollment steps. Determine if home visit is necessary and complete as indicated.
- Conduct client enrollments in their home including parent/guardian and child interviews, child safety education and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information.
Coordinating Site-Based Mentoring Program
- Maintain open communication with school personnel to establish mentoring program within school, work with school staff to recruit youth to participate, and assess individual match needs as necessary.
- Conduct client enrollments including child interviews, child safety education, and enrollment processes.
- Determine matches and facilitate match meetings in accordance with the volunteer, youth, and teacher schedules. Relay match information to parent/guardian.
- Facilitate contact between youth and volunteer, particularly during summer months.
- Host year-end match appreciation party at each school site on caseload. Create and distribute invitations to matches, procure food items, plan appropriate activities.
- Maintain on-going relationship between school site and BBBSPS, including regular communication and problem-solving.
Supporting Site- and Community-Based Matches
- Through scheduled in-person, telephone and electronic contact, assure that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled and that potential problems and barriers are identified and addressed as early as possible.
- Document and monitor all elements of match support and supervision in comprehensive and professional way.
- Enter and maintain database changes in addresses, phone numbers, workplaces and other volunteer/client information.
- Assess individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Ensure high-level proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Conduct exit interviews with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match or re-engagement potential. When match terminates pre-maturely or unexpectedly submit exit interview to Manager for final review and signature.
- Establish, monitor and meet goals for new match growth, match length, support contact compliance, and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate with other departments to identify possible partners and partnerships, staff and promote agency events, and provide support for other efforts as necessary.
- Keep Program Manager and coworkers informed of plans and progress
- Utilize educational opportunities and related resources to improve agency service
- Promote and maintain cooperative working relationships with other community organizations
- Participate in presentations, agency fairs, and tours to assist with annual fundraising campaign
- Other duties as assigned by Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree is required for this position; a degree in social services, human services or related field preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is required for this position
- Understanding of child development and family dynamics
- Customer focused and service oriented
- Effectively collaborate with other volunteer match staff
- Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions
- Strong organizational ability and an orientation to positive results
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Access to reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, auto insurance required
- Able to work independently exercising good judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Able to succeed in a fast-paced environment required.
- Able to work with confidential information required
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and via the telephone
Career Level: Entry Level/Mid-Career
Years of Experience: Varies
Education: Bachelor’s required
Degree: Bachelor’s or above
How to apply
To Apply please send Resume and Cover Letter with ‘Bi-Lingual Case Manager’ in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail Resume and Cover Letter to:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Puget Sound
ATTN: Hiring Manager
1600 S Graham St
Seattle, WA 98108
1600 S. Graham St., Seattle, WA, 98108, US