About the Position:
Edgewood is looking for two full-time Behavior Support Specialists for their San Carlos location. The Behavior Support Specialist will work with youth ranging from age 6 to 25, this position seeks to identify and draw out client strengths and ensures progress in their efforts to meet behavior and other goals established by their treatment plans.
To promote the behavioral health of children, youth and families and supports a positive transition to adulthood.
- Working with assigned clients, from ages 6 to 25, sets effective behavior limits consistent with those outlined in the Plan of Care
- Teaches, models, and supervises social, cleaning and grooming skills in the home, school and other relevant community settings
- Collaborates with other care providers on the development of a plan of care and behavior goals
- Responds calmly and professionally to crisis, working towards agreement/consensus with clients and their families to de-escalate tense situations
- Consults with caregivers on agreements to call police if de-escalation techniques do not work or if clients are a danger to themselves or others
- Works towards agreement and building consensus with treatment participants on plan of care approaches to behavior
- Participates in Family Conferences, staff meetings, collaborative team meetings with youth, supervision — schedules other related meetings as needed
- Ensures client engagement with positive program activities, such as music lessons, sports programs, and other activities that enhance individual development
- Completes all appropriate documentation in a timely manner
- Periodically works with clients specifically assigned to TBS contract, based on program needs
- Remains immediately accessible to clients and supervisor while performing duties in the field
- Performs other duties as needed
- BA required
- Two years of relevant experience working with youth and families
- Possess capacity to interact with youth and families from a wide range of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Possess good documentation skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Responds to crisis situations on short notice
- Available to work evening and weekends
How to apply
About Our Organization:
Edgewood is one of the most vital resources in the Bay Area, serving over 7,000 children and youth each year from ages 0 to 25 who have experienced adverse childhood experiences, including domestic and community violence. Through a comprehensive range of services, we address behavioral health concerns and respond to the urgent needs of the most vulnerable populations in a way that no other organization does. Our mission is to promote the behavioral health of children, youth, and families and support a positive transition to adulthood. We do this by working with parents, other family members, teachers and others to improve the home, school and community environment.
We provide excellent benefits, competitive salaries and great working environment. We also provide great opportunities for growth and development working with highly trained professionals. Please take some time to learn more about us and our services by visiting our website at www.edgewood.org. Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, or fax to (415) 566-3039, or mail to:
Edgewood Center HR
1801 Vicente Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
ECCF is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel decisions regarding applicants for employment are made without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, status as a Vietnam-era veteran or special disabled veteran, age or citizenship.
Edgewood Center HR
fax to (415) 566-3039
1801 Vicente Street, San Francisco, CA, 94116, US