The Associate Director of Impact (AD) reports to the Director of Impact and will play a crucial role on the management team of City Year San Jose/Silicon Valley. The Associate Director is responsible for planning and directing key activities of the organization including program and service execution. The AD will oversee program managers, 74 corps members and ensure that CYSJSV is delivering significant impact on at-risk students in the schools in which CYSJSV serves and in communities throughout San Jose. The AD should possess the ability and interest to lead a department and site within a larger national network and be familiar with the challenges of coordinating local organizational priorities with national ones.
The Associate Director of Impact will play a leading role in developing, motivating, and supervising staff in a collaborative environment. Immediate assignments may include:
- Executing on the designed structure, systems and processes necessary to manage the organization's current activities and its projected growth, particularly in schools.
- Establishing and installing program and service-based operating policies and procedures consistent with the organization's mission and culture.
- Working collaboratively to ensure site delivers a transformative civic leadership development and training program for corps members.
- Ensuring site develops and implements an effective, high-quality strategy for transformative service, predominantly in East San Jose public schools, to help students most at risk of dropping out.
- Ensuring the development, analysis and articulation of clear metrics for organizational success, as well as the successful implementation of evaluation mechanisms.
- Developing and supporting the implementation of strategic vision for Impact and overseeing successful evaluation of the work.
- Aligning service, program, and training goals and deliverables.
- Building strong relationships with the site leadership, Board of Directors and San Jose school district leaders.
- Actively coaching and mentoring staff members on assigned tasks.
Ability to work independently and in team environments; Seeks opportunities to mentor and/or coach staff; Exhibits a high level of accountability, project and task execution and personal responsibility; Ability to relate with and inspire 17 ; 24 year olds; Previous experience leading, supervising, coaching teaching or managing others required; Believes in youth as agents of social change; Ability to mobilize large or small groups into action to promote change; Exhibits knowledge and understanding of the principles, processes, and requirements for strategic planning and development within a non-profit institution as well as the organizational realities of working within a public school environment.
Communication:Strong verbal and written communication skills; Strong presentation skills supported by fact-based analysis; Ability to produce reports, electronic presentations and manage appropriate electronic media; Ability to disseminate required information, reports and project status upon request; Exhibits a high level of integrity and communicates across the organization effectively, openly and with respect.
Project Management:Background in program development and implementation; Knowledge of business planning principles, practices, techniques, and tools; Manages multiple tasks, priorities and stakeholders effectively; Provides appropriate status reports and is proactive in advising executive leadership, including the Executive Director, Board of Directors and leadership of City Year; Exhibits excellent customer service and is consistent with follow-up; Ability to generate results and complete projects within deadlines, and strong attention to detail.
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; Demonstrates consistent sound judgment and decision making; Ability to identify potential problems, analyze issues and extrapolate appropriate solutions; Provides proactive and strategic solutions and can execute on those decisions;
Evaluation:Exhibits clear understanding of the principles and tools of evaluation; Successfully leads impact staff toward a culture of evaluation and serves as the primary partner with schools in obtaining data crucial to City Year's success.
This is a challenging and rewarding position, offering substantial opportunities for creative and professional growth!
Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree preferred (Masters in Education, Masters in Public Policy, Non-Profit Management or MBA)
Competitive salary and benefits.
Great benefits include healthcare, insurance, vacation, holidays, 401K, FSA, and more.
Qualified applicants should forward cover letter, resume and references
90 North 1st St, San Jose, California, 95113, United States