Arabella Advisors seeks an entrepreneurial, socially engaged professional to help our clients launch and manage innovative social sector projects. Our new associate director will have the opportunity to help build and lead one of the country's fastest-growing public charities. You will manage a diverse client and project portfolio, work closely with philanthropists and other key stakeholders, and use business savvy to drive social sector projects and organizational growth
- Serve as a relationship and project manager for a portfolio of projects, including client relationship management, proposal and grant/contract management, and financial and legal compliance.
- Act as primary liaison with philanthropic partners to develop, structure and maximize the impact of public interest programs
- Support new business development by meeting with potential clients, evaluating projects, and developing collateral, proposals and budgets
- Contribute to the team and organization's significant year-over-year growth by innovating our operations and processes
- Develop new services based on donor and client needs
- Develop relevant expertise in philanthropy, grant management, technology and business processes
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred
- 5+ years of work experience with steadily increasing responsibility
- Experience in philanthropy and/or business
- Ability to manage and lead complex projects, oversee and delegate to others, and meet deadlines
- Personal presence and intellectual heft needed to work effectively with sophisticated and demanding partners
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness that spurs innovation and problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors is a dynamic consulting firm dedicated to helping individuals, families, institutions, and corporations make better philanthropic decisions. We influence hundreds of millions of dollars in contributions and grants, helping our clients fight hunger and disease, improve early childhood education and advance conservation, among other issues. We provide clear-eyed research and analysis of issues and nonprofit organizations as well as strategy development, management and evaluation support, enabling our clients to give with confidence.
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to two public charities, a 501(c)(3) named the New Venture Fund and a 501(c)(4). Both managed organizations serve as fiscal sponsors to new and innovative public interest projects and non-profits, as well as coordinate donor collaboratives and grants programs. The organizations support a range of public interest projects, the majority of which focus on conservation and global health. The organizations have also managed programs focused on voter registration, public policy, education, disaster recovery, and music and the arts.
Our clients and donors range from the world's largest philanthropists to small family foundations and include the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Annie E. Casey Foundation, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, The Kresge Foundation, the Steans Family Foundation, Microsoft, Novartis and Hyatt Hotels.
Arabella Advisors Careers
Arabella's core value is to create an outstanding place to work. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. We encourage participatory decision-making and collaboration, while always keeping a sense of humor and goodwill. We encourage people to pursue their passions both inside and outside of work, respecting work-life balance. In keeping with this core value, our firm is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. We are also dedicated to creating a fun, flexible and healthy work environment. Arabella offers 100% premium paid health, vision, dental, prescription insurance, long and short term disability, life insurance, personal and volunteer leave time, strong participation in an organization retirement plan, fitness benefit, pre-tax commuter benefit and more.
How to apply
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining your relevant experience and specific interest in Arabella here.
1201 Connecticut Ave. NW, Suite 300, Washington, District of Columbia, 20036, United States