Wage Category: Exempt
Senior Brand Manager
Fri, Dec. 07, 2012
Working with internal and external partners, the Associate Brand Manager is responsible for providing support in managing assigned products lines to drive business performance, in a way that delivers on Seventh Generation’s brand strategy and corporate mission.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Participate in the development, management and implementation of marketing strategies and plans for assigned product lines.
- Bring strategy to life by developing assigned initiatives within the full marketing mix – product, price, promotion, place & packaging.
- Assist in the development consumer category insights need to determine market requirements for existing and future products, and to develop effective communication strategies.
- Contribute to product positioning and key consumer messaging.
- Contribute to our innovation and renovation agenda within assigned categories, through collaboration with senior marketing leadership and cross-functional areas.
- Track and manage assigned product development initiatives through cross-functional development funnel.
- Provide weekly/monthly dashboard to monitor performance and surface risks and opportunities.
- Analyze consumer research, current market conditions (IRI, SPINS, Homescan, etc.) and competitor information to drive to effective recommendations and decisions.
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results, and adjust as necessary to achieve desired business results.
- Monitor and report on variances to product line P&Ls and associated budgets consistent with product/category/program objectives.
- Coordinate with any external resources as needed (agencies, freelance, partnerships, etc).
- Collaborate with Customer Marketing to develop supporting sales tools.
- Help advance Seventh Generation’s mission by delivering effective products and consumer engagement programs that help people live healthier lives, through improvements in product/packaging sustainability, and also by personally demonstrating our shared values.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 1-3 years of brand management experience in consumer packaged goods setting. Experience within Natural Products industry a strong plus. Commitment to Natural Products industry and socially responsible business a must.
- MBA preferred.
- Proven ability to understand and consider financial scenarios (e.g. product P&Ls, ROI analyses, etc).
- Exposure to a broad range of traditional and non-traditional consumer marketing techniques/vehicles (e.g., advertising, online marketing, community marketing, etc).
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience working within data and interpreting results to drive decision-making ; IRI or Neilsen, Spins, and customer-specific databases preferred.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Team player with can do attitude.
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Mature individual with capacity for rapid change and degree of ambiguity.
- Desire to work in small, entrepreneurial environment and for a socially responsible business.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Must exhibit a passion for the company’s vision, mission and values.
- Office environment ; no special conditions
- Travel up to 25% of the time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualified applicants should send a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.