Assistant Director Residential Operations
New Jersey Community Development Corporation
New Jersey Community Development Corporation is a non-profit community development and social service agency based in Passaic County, New Jersey. The Assistant Director of Residential Operations oversees all facets of program operations for Hawthorne Supervised Apartment Program, the Supportive Living Program and the NJCDC Day Program. The Assistant Director also provides administrative and programmatic support to the Director of Residential Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures overall performance of programs meeting identified outcomes, including expectation of a program culture that is inspiring, nurturing, and supportive.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates program staff.
- Establishes the staff schedule. Reviews and approves staff time sheets, vacation and holiday requests and submits to the Director of Residential Operations.
- Coordinates the referral and admissions process.
- Coordinates the planning for new residents to move into the residence, including reading records and completing evaluations to determine appropriateness of potential program residents, as well as ensuring that all admission records are in place prior to the move-in date.
- Initiates and coordinates the ongoing Individual Habilitation Plan for each resident and ensures that all staff is active participants in the required components of this process.
- Establishes, supervises, and evaluates the methods used to teach residents new skills. Directs program staff to provide services in accordance with established methods.
- Reviews the daily logs, medication logs, communication log, activity sheets, and incident reports at least once every 72 hours to identify any errors, problems, trends, or issues which require intervention.
- Ensures the timely and thorough completion of program documentation as required by state licensing standards, agency policy and procedures and quality assurance guidelines.
- Serves in an on-call (24-hour) capacity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Prospective applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in a human services field with at least three years of supervisory experience in management and delivery of residential services to persons with developmental disabilities; excellent organizational skills; demonstrated leadership capacity and sound judgment; ability to work independently; and a valid NJ driver's license. Computer skills are also essential, with experience with Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel, preferred. Attractive salary and benefits package will be provided.
New Jersey Community Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.