Annual Fund Manager
PCC Farmland Trust (PCC FT) is seeking an experienced, organized, highly-motivated professional to serve as its Annual Fund Manager. PCC FT secures, preserves and stewards threatened farmland in the Northwest, ensuring that generations of local farmers productively farm using sustainable, organic growing methods. To date PCC FT has protected more than 1,000 acres through conservation easements and fee-simple purchase. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to contribute to farmland conservation in Washington State.
This is a full-time, permanent position with medical, dental and retirement plan benefits. This position will be part of a small fundraising team organized to allow team members to expand their responsibilities as they grow their experience with the Trust.
This position coordinates and manages all aspects of annual fund campaigns or programs including:
- Develop and lead a comprehensive annual appeal program to increase donor participation and gift giving.
- Manage and implement programs in donor/prospect cultivation and solicitation.
- Focus on annually recurring gifts of $4,999 and below. Identify those with giving capacity of $5,000 and above.
- Coordinate and oversee, with appropriate staff and vendors, the production and management of all direct mail campaigns, phone, mailing, donor and prospect lists, donor relations and benefits, annual fund event activities, and thank you call and letter process.
- Provide excellent customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our stakeholders.
- Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting existing donors and new prospects for personal visits in order to move them through the donor pyramid. Work with the Director of Development and the Development Associate to create appropriate annual giving circle and/or recognition program.
- Conduct donor events and field trips as appropriate to overall donor and annual fundraising strategies.
- Work closely with PCC Farmland Trust Staff and Board members to develop annual fundraising strategies and integrate with all organizational initiatives.
- Manage the Trust’s vendor sponsorship program, cultivating partner companies that may have capacities for greater gifts or other funding.
- Represent the organization to the public, board, committees, and donors and at meetings as assigned.
- Recruit and supervise volunteers as needed.
- Build and manage a personal portfolio of at least 50 donors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required and three to five years of progressively more responsible experience in annual giving, including direct mail, social media fundraising, donor prospecting and face-to-face solicitation.
Must possess knowledge of fundraising principles and practices, and stay up to date on trends and strategies.
A professional, polished demeanor.
Excellent communication skills ; verbal and written.
Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records.
Ability to integrate into and work well within a small team environment.
- A valid WA Driver’s license
- Willingness to work varied hours, including some evenings and weekends.
How to apply
Resume with cover letter should be sent as an attachment to an email sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. General questions about the position can be addressed by calling: (206) 547-9855. For information about PCC Farmland Trust please look to our webpage. Note: parts of the webpage are under construction and may change from day to day.
Applications received by Wednesday, February 6th will be reviewed that week and initial phone interviews may be arranged as soon as February 8th. Applications may be accepted after February 6th depending on quality of applications received.