Overview of Analyst Position
The Analyst will have the opportunity to join a fast-paced, innovative and growth-oriented firm building the fields of Pay for Success and Social Innovation Finance across the country. The Analyst's responsibilities will include direct support of Partners and Associates on transaction advisory and deal construction assignments, business development and procurement responses, and the development and implementation of strategic communications. The Analyst will be expected to take on increasing responsibilities, including direct interaction with clients and management of projects and partner relationships.
Overview of Analyst Responsibilities
Transaction Advisory and Deal Construction Support: The Analyst will work directly with Partners and Associates to support due diligence, project management, and creation of deliverables for 2-3 PFS advisory and/or deal construction projects, including:
- Supporting the development of financial models for projects, including cash flows, impact scenarios, projected cost-benefit scenarios and financial structuring options
- Supporting Associates in conducting secondary research, landscape analysis, and other elements of Third Sector's feasibility assessments
- Creating deliverables for client meetings, including project briefs, presentations, and reports
- Scheduling, preparing, and participating in on-site client meetings and calls
- Supporting overall process and relationship management with clients
Business Development: The Analyst will support Partners and Associates in researching potential PFS and/or Third Sector growth capital opportunities and drafting outreach materials for use with prospective clients, including government, service providers, and funders.
Strategic Communication: The Analyst will lead the preparation for and creation of marketing opportunities/materials for Third Sector, including:
- Creating templates for communications with key stakeholders
- Proactive research, outreach, and booking of conferences, webinars, roundtables, and other speaking engagements for Partners and Associates
- Updating website and preparing content for blog posts, press releases, and other communications channels
Administrative Support: The Analyst will maintain and update key systems and processes, including: Salesforce, materials for weekly All Staff meetings, Third Sector internal financial reports, grant reporting, and vendor registration.
Other: The Analyst will assist in drafting and managing the process for grant submissions and will perform other duties as assigned by their manager.
Third Sector is seeking an entrepreneurial young professional with the highest ethical standards. Analysts must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and rigorous start-up environment and should be excited to take on increased responsibilities as part of a small, dynamic team.
While there are no strict requirements, successful candidates should have:
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated interest in Pay For Success and in Third Sector's mission
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills; advanced Excel & PowerPoint proficiency and financial modeling experience (Required)
- Ability to conduct qualitative research, analyze data, synthesize information, identify critical issues, and present organized conclusions and recommendations.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Commitment to giving and receiving honest individual and team feedback
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and tight time frames while producing exceptional deliverables
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Prior experience in consultancy projects (Preferred)
- Previous work experience in a small entrepreneurial environment (Preferred)
How to apply
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter (1 page), attached as a single .PDF document, to email@example.com with the following subject line: "Application ; Boston Analyst." Please title the attachment "LastName_FirstName.PDF." Cover Letters should be addressed to Tim Pennell. In your letter, please outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and state how you heard about this opportunity. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Third Sector Capital Partners offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Third Sector Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
200 Clarendon Street, 9th Floor, Boston, MA, 02116, US