Seeking, energetic, motivated, detailed oriented individual to work with minority male leadership project aimed to engaging students and parents in the high school and college educational process. Successful candidate will be highly professional has the ability to manage multiple tasks and has supervisory experience. Must be dedicated to assisting the at-risk minority male student population in DC public high schools, and motivate/engage them in their high school educational process and prepare them to enroll and graduate from college.
Qualifications include: Masters Degree in education, counseling or administration preferred; 2 years of direct supervisory experience; prior work experience in education and/or youth counseling; motivational or public speaking ability; excellent writing and organizational skills; database/project management experience; ability to communicate and interact with students, parents, counselors, school officials, federal, local, community administrators.
- Direct responsibility for the day-to-day operations/management of DC-CAP Alpha Leadership Project;
- Coordination of advisory panel, school-based activities, student/parent workshops and speakers;
- Recruitment and orientation of program’s mentors;
- Organization and implementation of project’s budget;
- Creation of marketing materials;
- Maintain chat room activities;
- Oversee school-based student fraternity organization;
- Track/monitor student performance;
- Provide project goals, measurements and outcomes;
- Supervise ALP Administrative Coordinator daily activities;
- Coordinate efforts with DCPS and DC Public Charter High school administrators, principals, counselors, community and civic leaders; and
- Provide assistance to President & CEO and other DC-CAP managers as needed.
How to apply
Please mail resume, salary requirements and references to President & CEO, DC-CAP, 1400 L Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20005 or fax to (202) 783-7939.
President & CEO
fax to (202) 783-7939
1400 L Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC, 20005, US