BACKGROUND: Urban Strategies is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1978, headquartered in Saint Louis Missouri. Urban Strategies builds the social services infrastructure for residents of public housing sites that are undergoing redevelopment into mixed-income communities. Urban Strategies understands that the physical revitalization of housing by itself is not sufficient to create communities which promote social and economic integration. In order to create successful and thriving mixed-income developments, a network of community support systems must be planned and implemented concurrent with the development of new housing. These supportive services offer public housing residents the opportunities to succeed and thrive in mixed;income communities.
JOB SUMMARY: The Service Connector will work with a team of social workers, case managers, relocation and employment specialists, and other professionals to identify appropriate strategies and assist families. The Service Connector utilizes knowledge of the San Francisco community, specifically Bay View, to establish effective relationships with businesses and social service organizations. The Service Connector provides case management, referral and seamless coordination with other community and supportive services activities that promote economic self-sufficiency for families, enhance quality of life for seniors and the disabled, and increase opportunities for residents
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or related area, with a minimum of three years of related experience
- Commitment to strengths-based and family-focused service planning; ability to understand program philosophies and place-based approach
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic service coordination or case management functions such as assessment, goal planning, referrals and resource coordination
- Ability to learn and effectively use custom client-tracking software to organize information and data related to assessments, referrals and follow-up of individuals
- Ability and commitment to handle privileged information in a professional and confidential manner
- Availability to attend evening and weekend functions as required
- Possession of a valid driver's license and availability of automobile for work use
- Ability to function as a team player in both internal and external relationships
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter electronically by February 28, 2014 to: email@example.com Please reference "Alice Griffith Service Connector" in the subject line of your email. Urban Strategies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
2525 Griffith Street, San Francisco, CA, 94124, US