The Peace Alliance is non-profit grassroots alliance of organizers, practitioners, and advocates throughout the United States mobilizing support for peacebuilding policies in the US government and constructive, nonviolent solutions in our homes, communities, jobs, and investments. From youth and gang violence, to the ravages of war, from school bullying to over-incarceration, we work to affect pro-active solutions to the challenges of violent conflict in its many forms.
The Peace Alliance is seeking an Administrative Assistant in the DC office to support our President as well as the rest of the Peace Alliance team. We are seeking an individual with energy, self-initiative, and organizational skills, who has a background or interest in office management and/or administration. The Administrative Assistant would be responsible for maintaining files and financial records, as well as updating databases, organizing paperwork and assisting the President with trouble shooting. Applicant should be comfortable dealing with paperwork for both 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) status organizations.
9:30 am-3:00 pm daily. Start date flexible.
- Keep track of accounting, financial records, and employee documents, while guaranteeing accuracy, confidentiality, and consistency of filing systems and materials
- Submit invoices, receipts and check requests according to policies and due dates
- Manage donations and their required responses
- Set up and coordinate staff calls
- Attend and record staff meetings and discussions
- Assist in special event planning and implementation
- Assist with social media postings, press releases, creation of email marketing campaigns, and other related activities
- Maintain office’s materials, equipment, and supplies
- Help manage donor database and accurate data entry
- Proven self-starter and organizer
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Administrative experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, experience with data entry and general office administration
- Professional, reliable, and friendly manner
- Flexible; able and willing to adapt to changing conditions
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, handle deadlines with poise, and work as part of a team
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Word, Google docs, Excel
- QuickBooks proficiency and Salsa or other database proficiency preferred
- Prior knowledge of some donor databases preferred, or must have enthusiastic willingness to learn quickly
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume saved as one single document firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Administrative Assistant.”
Additionally, please name the document “First Name Last Name’s Admin Application” (example: Sam Smith’s Admin Application).
Start date is flexible, as noted under “Hours.”
1326 9th St NW, Washington, DC, 20001, US