Harlem RBI, an award winning youth development program, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the Administration Coordinator for our main office site. Reporting to the Manager of Administration, the Administration Coordinator is responsible for the staffing, training and execution of administration and reception support at Harlem RBI's main office and assist the front desk staffing of our other sites as needed.
The ideal candidate is skillful at multi-tasking multiple responsibilities, while maintaining his or her professionalism. Candidates must also understand and value Harlem RBI's comprehensive approach to youth development and desire to make a lasting impact in an underserved community, while contributing to the expansion of a dynamic organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide reception coverage primarily for Harlem RBI's main office from Monday through Friday, and to our other sites as needed;
- Assist in the management of vendor contracts, invoice payments and record keeping;
- Assist in the completion of expense reports for the Director and Manager of Administration by collecting, filing and organizing of receipts and other materials;
- Welcome youth, parents and other guests to Harlem RBI;
- Answer multi-line phone system and forward calls accurately and appropriately;
- Coordinate the intake of organization's incoming and outgoing mail (U.S. Postal Service and FedEx);
- Oversee Harlem RBI's delivery system and arranges for deliveries, as appropriate;
- Ensure that Administrative Assistants are high functioning, adequately trained, and provide top-notch support to staff and stakeholders;
- Create a sustainable Administrative Assistant manual that will be located at all front desks and used in training;
- Distribute payroll checks to staff and maintains accurate records of check distribution;
- Document and forward donation checks appropriately;
- Coordinate ordering of general office supplies;
- Provide additional administrative support (processing check invoices, assisting with department mailings, ordering food, arranging transportation, etc.) as needed;
- Ensure proper distribution of minutes from organization's weekly WGO meeting;
- Highlight critical office repairs at the office for Facilities Team;
- Keep the main office neat and organized.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, high school, high school diploma required;
- At least 4 years of administrative experience; preferably in a non-profit setting;
- Bilingual in Spanish/English, required;
- Ability to manage/coach support staff effectively;
- Strong commitment to customer service and understanding of importance of administrative functions to the organization's mission;
- Outstanding dependability, with a commitment to being on-time and prepared;
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and dynamic needs of midsize organization;
- Flexible, collaborative, team-player;
- Solid oral and written communication skills;
- "Whatever it Takes" attitude and a willingness to cover for administrative colleagues at a moment's notice;
- Strong computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Deep embodiment of Harlem RBI's organizational values of teamwork, diversity, integrity and fun.
Hours: Monday through Friday, mornings required. Must be able to work weekends on an as needed basis.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Depending on the candidate and our organization's needs, this position can be full-time or part-time. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
How to apply
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should address the following questions regarding Harlem RBI's "Cultural Fit Statement" (available on the employment section of our website): How do you fit into the culture of Harlem RBI? What might be challenging for you?
Please put "Administration Coordinator" in the subject line and please let us know how you heard of this opportunity. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Harlem RBI provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
333 East 100th Street, Ground Floor, New York, NY, 10029, US