Good Shepherd Services, a leading NYC non-profit committed to the success of young people and families, is currently seeking an Activity Instructor (Zumba), for our Sumner Community Center Program in Brooklyn.
The Activity Instructor provides recreational/educational workshops and activities as an avenue for self-development and expression thru enrichment/project-based curriculum.
- Provide and teach well planned Zumba classes to participants.
- Implement a Zumba curriculum.
- Submit lesson/activity plans in advance.
- Delegate roles to group leaders and program aides during class time to assist with facilitation of a group (where applicable).
- Coordinate activities, including set up and clean up.
- Organize, inventory and store supplies and equipment.
- Attend all staff development trainings sessions as specified.
- Guide program participants in examining choices, following directions and becoming involved in program activities.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED plus a minimum of 24 college credits and experience or skill in performing or visual arts, sports, recreation, crafts and/or physical education.
- Must have knowledge in the Latin inspired dance fitness program ZUMBA.
- Excellent group facilitation skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and/or youth development perspective.
How to apply
Go to http:www.goodshepherds.org for a complete description and application instructions.
862 Park Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11206, US