Good Shepherd Services, a leading NYC non-profit committed to the success of young people and families, is currently seeking an Activity Instructor, for our After School at PS 246 Program in the Bronx.
Provides recreational/educational workshops and activities as an avenue for self-development and expression through enrichment/project based curriculum.
- Design, plan and conduct activities and workshops in specified areas of education, sports, gym, crafts and/or the performing arts.
- Submit lesson/unit plans in advance.
- Conduct activities enriched with literacy and math skills with literacy and math skills whenever possible.
- Responsible for the setup, operation and clean up of activities. The organization, inventory and storing of supplies and equipment.
- Guides program participants in examining choices, following directions and becoming involved in program activities.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and staff development trainings sessions, as specified during class time to assist with the facilitation of a group.
- Delegates responsibilities to Group Leaders, Interns, Program Aides and Volunteers.
- Responsible for maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of Protected Health Information of service recipients.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Grad/ GED plus min 24 college credits and experience or skill in performing or visual arts, sports; recreation, crafts and /or physical education.
- Excellent group facilitation skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Must have commitment to work strength based and/or youth development perspective.
How to apply
Go to http:www.goodshepherds.org for a complete description and application instructions.
2641 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY, 10468, US