The School- Bridge Boston Charter School is a comprehensive, full-service public school that opened in the fall of 2011 with K1 and K2 students. We now have 146 children enrolled in K1, K2, first, and second grades for the 2013-2014 school year, and will expand by a grade each year until we serve 335 students in grades K1-8. Bridge Boston Charter School’s mission is to help our students thrive in a challenging, joyful, inclusive public school community that values close partnerships with families and a focus on the whole child. Our students will develop the skills necessary to excel academically in rigorous high schools, reach their individual potentials, and view themselves as creators of their own futures. Through full-service programming, Bridge Boston Charter School works to remove the health and social obstacles that hinder student learning.
The Position- We are seeking a talented, committed, and compassionate aide for a full time position of 40-45 hours weekly. The Aide will report to the Director of Student Services and will work closely with the general education teacher, fellow teacher, and special education teachers. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, and established hours with a starting range of $12-$15 per hour with overtime. This position will be for the 2014-2015 school year with a start date of August 18, 2014.
The ideal candidate will have
- A Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of experience working with early childhood or elementary students with disabilities, preferably in a school setting
- CPI certification or equivalent or the willingness to obtain
- ABA certification
- Excellent personal skills and willingness to be a team player
- Patience, a sense of humor, and the ability to set firm limits
Duties will include
- Providing one-on-one or small group support, supervision, and tutoring in an inclusion classroom and out of the classroom as required for children with academic, behavioral, and emotional challenges
- Assisting classroom teachers and Special Education department in developing behavior goals, plans, and positive behavior strategies.
- Ensuring documentation and implementation of rewards and consequences consistent with behavior plans.
- Assisting with teaching of and documentation of progress towards all additional goals as delineated in Individualized Education Plan.
- Providing crisis intervention.
- Other duties relevant to the role as requested by the Director of Student Services.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Joanna Rees Steffey, Director of Student Services, at email@example.com.
To learn more about Bridge Boston Charter School, view our website at: www.bridgebostoncs.org
Bridge Boston Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. Inquiries concerning Bridge Boston’s compliance with Title IX and other civil rights laws may be directed to the Director of Student Services, 2 McLellan Street, Dorchester, MA 02121, phone: 857-229-1601.
Joanna Rees Steffey
2 McLellan St., Dorchester, MA, 02121, US