Please apply only if you have a degree in music or an equivalent knowledge of classical music. Please note that the work week is Tuesday through Saturday from September through May and Monday through Thursday from June through mid August.
Juilliard Pre-College / Public High School Partnership Coordinator:
- Oversees program and up to 30 shared students with two NYC public high school partners (Professional Performing Arts HS and Special Music School HS).
- Assists with Pre-College residents in the school's dormitory (2-4 students).
- Assists with the JPC/PPAS/SMSHS admissions process
- Coordinates student paperwork and accompanies students to public school registration
- Drafts and updates the PPAS/SMSHS Student Handbook and the JPC Residence Hall Handbook
- Tracks student attendance and academic progress at PPAS and SMSHS.
- Liaises with PPAS/SMSHS students and Juilliard's International Advisement Office, Student Affairs Office, Residence Life Office, and PPAS and SMSHS administrations
- Acts as advisor to students on matters related to academic work, college applications, student life, etc.
- Supervises Residence Hall graduate assistant (work-study position)
- Coordinates divisional, promotional, and recruiting materials with the Creative Director
- Represents Division at recruiting events, as needed
- Assists with maintaining Colleague database for Pre-College – registration, student data, parent data, and grading
- Assists in the structuring of end-of-year juries, coordinates paperwork, the hiring and coordinating of audition accompanists
- Registers students for classes throughout the academic year
- Manages data entry and application file process
- Reviews applications for appropriate repertoire
- Assists in managing all applicant mailing and correspondence
- Supervises all audition scoring and data entry
- Coordinates elective courses registration
- Assists with faculty studio list and schedules
- Liaises between theory and ear-training faculty and students
- Organizes theory and ear-training exams
- Schedules and attends faculty meetings
- Oversees Piano Performance Forum, including student performance scheduling, engagement of guest lecturers and performers
- Assists in backstage theater productions
- Hires and supervises college work study students
- Handles all internal and external customer calls, inquiries and visitors, and responds to routine and general inquiries.
- Coordinates room schedules appropriate departments
- Acts as liaison with Building Management
- Plans events in conjunction with the Special Events Office, including ordering of food for receptions, meetings and other Divisional events
- Provides administrative support in all departmental activities
- Assists with processing paperwork for substitute faculty
- Acts as primary contact with the Pre-College Parents Association regarding major events, weekly emails, yearbook photo shoots, and concession stand
- Drafts the Pre-College Student Handbook
- Updates Pre-College student website and Facebook pages
- Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings, as required
- Oversees and maintains office supplies
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in music
- Strong knowledge of classical music
- Two years of administrative experience (responsibilities and salary are commensurate with this level of experience)
- Strong skills in using software packages, including Word, Excel and Access and ability and interest in learning other programs quickly
- Strong verbal communication skills and professional phone manner, with an ability to effectively deal with students, parents, faculty and staff
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks under pressure
- Team player
The Juilliard School has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the community and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the School's administration.
The Juilliard School is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and working environment. Therefore, employment with Juilliard will be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
Please send cover letter with salary history and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
60 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, New York, 10023, United States