Middle School Teachers
GR 7 & 8th ELA, Math & SPED
Dr. Richard Izquierdo Health & Science Charter School, a middle and high school that is expanding by one grade each year, seeks 7th & 8th Grade Math, ELA and SPED Middle School Teachers to teach immediately. Ideal candidates have at least three years of teaching experience, have demonstrated success with a broad range of students, and are looking to be a collaborative member of a highly professionalized learning community.
All teachers must be willing to commit to our mission:
DRIHSCS VISION STATEMENT
Through college-aligned academics, career education, and cultural enrichment, the students in the South Bronx will develop a mindset that achievement is the result of effective effort and self-reflection. With this conviction, our students will grow to embody the values of empathy, self-reliance, and a belief in the health and safety of their communities. This viewpoint will empower them to improve the lives of their fellow New Yorkers and contribute to the greater good.
- Work in a collaborative team teaching environment or individual classroom setting
- Engage students in active learning
- Use assessment (data) to modify lessons
- Utilize online student system to track student progress through competencies and keep up to date assignments for students
- Contribute to program design and implementation
- Participate in all staff programs and academic planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Work collaboratively with other staff and teachers daily
- Enforce and uphold school policies and culture
- Commitment to the mission and vision of HSS
- Expert in subject area
- At least three years of teaching in an urban environment
- Passionate about teaching and subject matter
- Energetic, motivated, innovative, prepared
- Valid NYS Teaching Certificate
- Evidence of excellence when working with middle school students
- Wide-ranging intellectual and educational interests
- Superior communication skills
- An ability to work collaboratively
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be certified and must have a cover letter explaining why you think you would want to teach at HSS.
800 Home Street, 2nd Floor, Bronx, New York, 10456, United States