About Explore Schools
Explore Schools is a growing network of high-performing community schools providing nearly 1,500 students in Brooklyn with the outstanding public education they deserve. Our mission is to provide our students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school.
About the 4th Grade Position:
Explore Schools is seeking a 4th Grade Teacher that is dedicated to closing the achievement gap in Central Brooklyn. A successful candidate will hold students to high expectations and constantly “sweat the small stuff”. Our schools are highly collaborative and we are seeking teachers who thrive on feedback, live for data driven instruction, and enjoy frequent observations.
- Provide a range of instructional, management, and assessment strategies to meet the needs of all scholars
- Create rigorous lesson plans and unit plans driven by data
- Collaborate with staff members to create an engaging lessons and a positive school culture
- Track student data and uphold high behavioral and academic expectations
- Participate in creating, revising, administering, and grading assessments
- Provide tutoring to small student groups as required
- Continuously communicate and build relationships with students and families
- Create an inviting and engaging classroom culture
- Uphold Explore’s behavioral expectations for all students
- A willingness to make things happen and a passion for closing the achievement gap
- The ability to execute and communicate in a direct and sensitive fashion
- A steadfast commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Professional integrity, flexibility, and a reflective attitude
- Master’s degree, strongly preferred
- New York State teaching certification, required
- Competitive and commensurate with experience
How to Apply If you are interested in joining our growing team, please visit http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?bj=ol6BVfwH&s=idealist.org.
20 Jay Street, Suite 504, Brooklyn, NY, 11201, US