Looking for travel grant support to participate in LOCAL SOLUTIONS?
Check out these opportunities below. Meanwhile, we’re working on more support options, so stay tuned (and feel free to let us know if you know of other support opportunities that we should pursue).
We have mobilized these travel grant opportunities to facilitate access to LOCAL SOLUTIONS. For continuing education, we are offering CM credits for AICP certification of select conference Sessions.
For answers to frequently asked questions, please see our FAQ sheet HERE.
Public Sector Staff & Team Travel Grants:
- New Hampshire Municipal Team Travel Grant Applications. Apply HERE.
- New Hampshire Local Government Center & Property Liability Trust. Discounts are now available. If you/your organization are a member of NHLGC, you can apply the “NHPLT” promo code when registering for the conference, for a reduced registration rate.
- Vermont League of Cities and Towns’ (VLCT) Applications Now Available. Apply HERE by at least 45 days prior to the conference, or by April 4, 2014. The Vermont League of Cities and Towns’ (VLCT) Property and Casualty Intermunicipal Fund (PACIF) is offering support for participation in the LOCAL SOLUTIONS conference through their 2014 Scholarship Program. Please be advised that there are GUIDELINES and limits to the program. About 90% of Vermont municipalities are eligible for this program if they have not already used it for something else.
- Vermont teams formed within Regional Planning Areas (for teams of 2-5 people from within a VT Regional Planning Commission area, see form for further details) These grants will be up to $565/individual team member. APPLY HERE
Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island Travel Grants Applications for Town/City Personnel & Community Planners.
- Includes up to $500 per person with preference given to decision makers such as city/town manager/mayor/council staff, emergency preparedness personnel, public works, personnel, planning staff, road agent, parks and recreation staff, water/sewer personnel, or members of zoning boards, planning boards, conservation commissions and Regional Planning Commissions. APPLY HERE
National Guard travel grants
- National Guard members (for individuals serving in the National Guard, with preference given to those based in the Northeast, see form for further details); These grants will be up to $565/individual. APPLY HERE