We operate from an understanding that innovation makes the competition irrelevant. The Center focuses on AUNE’s next waves of innovation to advance our purpose of providing transformative education through scholarship, innovation and community action for a just and sustainable society. – Abigail Abrash Walton, director of CAI
How the Center Works
What do you need to be successful in advancing your innovation initiative? Talk with us. The Center for Academic Innovation provides a range of services to facilitate new initiatives. The CAI also accepts proposals for Innovation Grant funding, on a rolling basis. An advisory body, the Council on Academic Innovation, provides evaluation and assessment of proposed ventures. It reviews proposals and assists the director in selecting the best or most likely to succeed, based on clear and consistent criteria.
- Northeast Conference on Climate Change Preparedness
- Conservation Psychology Institute (CPI) – CAI supported and launched the CPI. It’s now part of AUNE’s Continuing Education Division
- Translating Research to Inform Policy
- Institute on Wellness for Helping Professionals
Council on Academic Innovation – Members
The CAI convenes a Council on Academic Innovation to provide expert advice to the CAI about awarding grants and other aspects of its operations.
- Dr. Barbara Andrews, program director for the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program in the AUNE Department of Applied Psychology.
- David Grant, former president and CEO of the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation and now a consultant to schools, foundations, and organizations, and a trustee for three nonprofits.
- Bob Coulter, Director of the Litzsinger Road Ecology Center of the Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis, Missouri and an alumnus of AUNE’s Department of Education.
- Eileen Lawrence, cofounder and vice president of sales and marketing for the Alexander Street Press and alumna of AUNE’s Department of Education.
We are interested in your ideas. For more information call 603-283-2344 .