Status: Fulltime appointment, Keene NH, Target start date: August 2014
Antioch University New England (AUNE) seeks an accomplished professional to manage campus financial processes, systems, and services to achieve budget and operating excellence. Reporting to the University’s Regional Chief Financial Officer, this individual will serve the Campus President, leadership team, and other department managers by monitoring University finance policies and procedures, assisting in implementation of new financial systems, and acting as key campus contact for central accounts payable. This is a fulltime position on the University’s finance team, and which will be based in Keene, NH.
We seek a collaborative, highly motivated, and hands-on individual. Success in this position will require skill and experience with financial technical reporting, an orientation towards customer service, and the ability to build partnerships.
Working closely with the Campus leadership and University finance team, the Campus Finance Director will work with financial data to generate campus reports and make data-based recommendations; manage financial operations and ensure compliance to laws, regulations, and process guidelines; provide data analysis, entry, and other support to the Regional CFO and campus based budget committee; manage cross-functional service based partnerships; implement financial processes, systems and service quality improvement initiatives; align financial work group with evolving University initiatives; educate Campus employees and students; and perform other vital duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a major in accounting; MBA or CPA a plus; experience with integrated financial systems, preferred
- Five years or more of relevant accounting or auditing experience in higher education or not-for-profit institutions
- Proven knowledge in accounting and tax policies and procedures, specialization in not-for-profit a plus
- Ability to support Regional CFO with budget development and control functions
- Ability to read financial reports, identify anomalies and investigate to determine causes
- Expertise in AP and expenditure policies at a higher education institution
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent math, analytical and problemsolving skills
- Basic grants and projects accounting
- Conversant in technology with ability to quickly and accurately enter and retrieve data into computer databases.
- Proficient with ERP systems and report writing tools to design and generate campus reports (Datatel Colleague a plus); plus Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experienced in using common financial report writing tools to generate and troubleshoot reports
The University and Campus
Antioch University is a unique and dynamic institution that brings to life the brightest ideas and highest ambitions of its students. A private, nonprofit institution, the University is a singularly accredited, highly integrated multi-campus institution, reaching coast to coast like no other in the country. The pillars of our national position are our five geographically dispersed, vibrant and engaged campuses. Each maintains a strong regional presence, committed to serving our communities and guided by shared core values of quality education, inclusiveness, social justice, experiential learning, and socially engaged citizenship. Visit the University website for more information.
Antioch University New England educates roughly 1000 students engaged in a range of graduate programs, including master’s and doctoral level programs in management, education, psychology, and environmental studies; several research and service centers; and, a host of community-focused advocacy and development activities. Our distinctive pedagogy mixes academic rigor with experiential learning and social engagement. In 2014, we celebrate 50 years and 10,000 alumni; and, look forward to developing multiple opportunities to expand our programs, extend our reach, strengthen our brand, develop reciprocal partnerships, and exploit alternative delivery modalities. Visit the Campus website for more information.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and professional references to HR.AUNE@antioch.edu with AUNE Finance Director Search in the subject line. Application review begins 16 June 2014, and continues until the position is filled.
AUNE is committed to providing a learning and work environment free from discrimination and harassment. Programs, activities, and employment are available with equal opportunity for all and without discrimination on the basis of race, age, color, gender, gender identity, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability. The Campus is a smoke-free environment.