Room scheduling policies have been developed with consideration of the nature of our academic delivery model, the physical characteristics of our building, limited facilities, our status as a commuter campus, and current liability insurance coverage. All room reservation requests will be governed by these policies.
Gatherings beyond the scope of the academic program, (i.e., purely social events), are discouraged due to liability, security, and associated costs (reception coverage and cleaning).
- All room requests, whether for individual use or group activities, must be sponsored by your department, and faculty/staff must be present during the event.
- Requests are to be submitted by the department administrative assistant with specifics as to event, faculty sponsors, numbers of attendees, and planned activities. Since events are scheduled for only those evenings we’re open for classes, the coordinator may not approve events that could be disruptive to scheduled classes.
- Conference rooms are primarily for administrative purposes, academic/faculty meetings, etc. Conference rooms may be scheduled as above for meetings of a recognized student group (e.g., SERD, CTEC), with department sponsorship and faculty presence at the meeting or event.
- The casual use of rooms other than those scheduled according to the above parameters is strongly discouraged. Although a room may appear empty, other groups (internal and external) may be assigned to the space. We have requested that faculty request break-out rooms for classes in which groups may move to remote (i.e., out of classroom) space to discuss academic issues.
- Events are not to be announced publicly until appropriate room reservations have been requested via a department administrative assistant, and acknowledged.
- Use of first and second floor lobby areas is arranged by the process noted above.