- The cost for the two day workshop is $250.00 per person, and participants who successfully accomplish the Level I, II, or III competency levels will receive a certificate from CyberTracker Conservation, a globally recognized non-profit that established an international standard for assessing wildlife tracking skills.
- This workshop is open to amateur trackers, professionals seeking to increase their skills and knowledge, as well as students and others interested to develop their animal tracking and sign knowledge. Participants, regardless of experience, will have the opportunity to learn about reading track and sign, and to develop their skills throughout their two days in the field. Nevertheless, the certification process will begin at the outset of the time in the field and the process will continue throughout the entire workshop. Everyone will have the opportunity to learn about following and reading track and sign, though not everyone is assured of receiving a certificate for reaching Level I, II or III proficiency.
- The two day workshop is limited to 11 people (there is a 9 person minimum), and will provide participants interested to identify and follow wildlife using tracks and sign with a comprehensive winter season field experience.
- Participants will meet regardless of outdoor temperature at 8:30 AM rain, snow or shine, on Saturday – February 1st and Sunday – February 2nd at the Harris Center for Conservation Education at 83 King’s Highway, Hancock, NH 03449. After a brief orientation participants will spend the day in the field with workshop leader George Leoniak.
- Participants in the track and sign workshop must bring their own snacks, lunch and drink(s), and must dress appropriately as well as have footwear appropriate for the weather and temperature, as well as potentially rough terrain. Participants should also bring their own snowshoes and related equipment.
Please click here to sign up for the course and to make a registration payment by credit card. Enrollment is on a first come – first served basis.