Study of Impacts to the Oyster River Watershed and Great Bay EstuaryFaculty Member: Michael Simpson This project was funded under a US EPA National Estuaries Grant to ascertain the impacts to riparian corridors and associated water conveyance infrastructure due to projected increase in frequency of intense precipitation events.
Student Theory & Skills Applied:
- GIS-based Spatial Analysis
- Land Use Build-out Analysis
- Modeling H20 Run-off and Peak Flows
- Establishing and Monitoring of Stream Gauging Stations
- Field Data Collection Monitoring Peak Flow Capacity
- Statistical Analysis