Richard G. GroganAdjunct Faculty
Department of Management
Core Faculty, Antioch University New England, Department of Organization
- Teach Introduction to Sustainability and Marketing in the Global Economy in the MBA program.
- Research agenda focused on sustainability and organizational change;
voluntary disclosure through sustainability measurement and reporting;
small business sustainability initiatives; individual and strategic decision making.
2006-2010 Research & Teaching Assistant, Michigan State University, Department of Community, Agriculture, Recreation and Resource Studies
- Responsible for informing the completion of Michigan State University’s
Master Plan for Sustainability through behavioral decision science research. The research involves multiple aspects of decision making at Michigan State, including tradeoffs that members of the Michigan State community would be willing to make in order to achieve sustainability objectives.
- Responsible for the implementation of a research project on the community
impacts of ethanol production facilities, including sampling, in-depth
interviewing, content analysis protocol development, data collection, and
- Taught Advertising & Society in the Department of Advertising, Public Relations & Retailing.
2005-2010 Research Analyst, Dun & Bradstreet Corporation
- Researched & wrote updates for over 50 in-depth industry profiles for the First Research product.
- Researched & wrote 10 in-depth industry profiles on variety of environmental & energy-related topics.
2004-2005 Policy Analyst, North Carolina Department of the State Treasurer, Raleigh, NC
- Research and reporting on the feasibility of retirees returning to work as a solution to long-term worker shortages.
2002-2004 Marketing Communications Coordinator – North America, Kaba-Ilco, Winston-Salem, NC
- Copy writing and design of product brochures, catalogs and instruction
- Wrote marketing newsletters for North American operations.
- Communication strategy for North American network of sales representatives and product distributors.
- Assisted in the preparation of materials for trade shows.
- Assisted in the design and creation of advertisements for various markets.
- Event planning and coordination.
1999-2002 Associate, RFP Analyst / Marketing Administrator, Deutsche Bank, New York, NY
- Research & response to Requests for Proposals for potential / existing retirement services (trust and custody) clients in the Americas, to gain new business and retain current business.
- Supervised & trained team members on the Request for Proposal process.
- Designed, built and maintained db trak (an Access database) to track the results of Requests for Proposals.
- Database manager for the Request for Proposal group.