Institutions & Associations
Compiled by Susan Hawes, PhD for the Clinical Psychology Department, Antioch University New England. Last updated on 11/12/2006
- International Institute for Qualitative Methodology, Alberta, Canada
“The International Institute for Qualitative Methodology is a multidisciplinary institute at the University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The Institute’s goals are: (1) Leadership — Provide leadership to address the issues in qualitative inquiry and to facilitate the development of qualitative methods; (2) Excellence — Promote excellence in qualitative research through education and research; (3) Collaboration — Provide a forum for collaboration among international experts in the field of qualitative inquiry; (4) Research — Conduct qualitative research.”
- The Association for Qualitative Research Website
An international association for those with an interest in Qualitative Research. “AQR is an international organization which aims to further the practice and study of qualitative research. The objectives of the Association are:
- To improve the theory, practice and use of qualitative research across the disciplines of the human sciences
- To provide a forum for the discussion of ideas via regional meetings, publications and annual international conferences
- To link people who have similar interests in qualitative research
- To provide education and training in the methodologies of qualitative research
- To establish and maintain ethics and standards in the practice of qualitative research
- To recognize in appropriate ways outstanding contributions to the theory and/or practice of qualitative research”
- ESRC Qualitative Data Archival Resource Centre (Britain)
The ESRC Qualitative Data Archival Resource Centre (Qualidata) was set up within the Department of Sociology at the University of Essex in October, 1994, to facilitate and document the archiving of qualitative data arising from research, whilst also drawing the research communities’ attention to its existence and potential. The department has consistently been ranked as one of the few Five Star rated research departments of sociology in the country.
- Intute: Social Sciences
An online catalog of thousands of high quality Internet resources relevant to social science education and research.