Antioch University New England and Kieve-Wavus Education, Inc. have joined forces to offer new graduate education classes and a master’s degree program for teachers in Maine and surrounding areas.
This innovative program for working educators will start with classes in March, 2010. It will expand to become a fullstarting in the fall of 2010. The campus is located on the shores of Damariscotta Lake in Nobleboro and Jefferson, Maine.
The AUNE Experienced Educators (ExEd) MEd program is designed for teachers of any grade level or subject area, and can also include other non-traditional educators such as environmental educators, vocational/technical educators, and community college instructors.
For over twenty years, the AUNE program has served working educational professionals by providing transformative, practice-based, accessible Master’s of Education (MEd) graduate study. The year-round, weekend program meets once a month and takes six semesters to complete. ExEd students are grouped into cohorts of twelve to eighteen educators who gather at a local cluster location in New Hampshire, Maine, or Vermont. Kieve-Wavus will be one of the fall 2010 clusters. A five-day summer intensive is part of the program.
Study concentrations are available in professional development, critical skills, principal certification, and autism spectrum disorders.
“The similarity in values and mission between Kieve-Wavus and AUNE is striking,” notes Dr. Tom Julius, director of the AUNE ExEd program. “Both organizations empower young people and adults with a focus on twenty-first century skills, experiential learning, and leadership.” The Leadership School at Kieve programs coordinator Sarah Ricker adds that the AUNE classes “are an exciting next step in the programs Kieve offers for educators.”
For more information, contact Leatrice Oram.
About Kieve-Wavus Education, Inc.
The Kieve-Wavus organization believes in educating and empowering young people and adults to contribute positively to society. Kieve-Wavus Education, Inc. is a non-profit organization that has been doing this work since 1926.