U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Deputy Administrator Bob Perciasepe and Senior Advisor on Climate Change Innovation, Executive Office of the President, Bina Venkataraman will be keynote program speakers at the LOCAL SOLUTIONS: Northeast Climate Change Preparedness Conference. Antioch University New England (AUNE) will host this major regional conference in partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The conference will be held May 19-21 in Manchester, New Hampshire.
New Hampshire Governor Maggie Hassan will kick off the conference and speak on The State of New Hampshire and Climate Solutions for Communities at the opening lunch on May 19. The conference brings together local planners and decision-makers, from the northern Chesapeake Bay to Maine, to learn how to build healthy and resilient community plans, and how to prepare for the impacts of climate change. Antioch University New England faculty, who have significant national and international expertise in the field of climate preparedness, have led efforts to plan the conference.
Other keynote and plenary speakers at the LOCAL SOLUTIONS conference include:
- Colonel Andy L. Hall ; Chief, Operations Division, Army National Guard
- Sara Pollock Hoverter ; Senior Fellow and Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University Law Center
- Robert Klee ; Commissioner, Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Deborah Markowitz ; Secretary, Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Cynthia McHale ; Director, Insurance Program, Ceres
- Ken Moraff ; Director, Office of Ecosystem Protection, U.S. EPA Region 1 (New England)
- Perry Plummer ; Director, New Hampshire Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Lewis Milford ; President and Founder, Clean Energy Group & Clean Energy States Alliance
- Denice Ross ; Director of Enterprise Information, City of New Orleans
- Cameron Wake ; Research Associate Professor of Climatology and Glaciology, University of New Hampshire, and Director, Climate Solutions New England
- Edward White ; Director of Customer and Business Strategy, National Grid
See other speakers and workshops at the conference.