I. Program Implementation of Academic Assessment
Programs receive feedback regarding degree to which they are: 1) working toward, 2)
meeting, or 3) exceeding these criteria.
Mission/Goals/Student Learning Outcomes
- Mission, Goals, and Student Learning Outcomes are defined at the program level.
- Aligned with AU and AUNE mission.
- Posted and accessible to students and faculty.
- Used as basis of assessment.
- Student Learning Outcomes are measureable.
- Established in Annual Program Review.
- Responsible personnel identified.
- Measures specific outcomes.
- Methodologies are reasonable and accurate.
- Multiple measures are used to assess outcomes.
- Emphasis on specific direct measures.
- Criteria are used for measurement.
- Measures are created to assess the impact of prior actions on student performance.
Analysis and Use of Results
- Methodologies are reasonable, systematic and accurate.
- Inform and shape decisions about effective teaching, learning environment and and/or use of resources.
- Used to assess the impact of prior actions on student performance.
- Criteria set for change needed as a result of findings.
- Actions foster AUNE’s and program’s mission.
- Results are reported internally and externally to tell the story of assessment related actions and impacts.
- All faculty are engaged in the assessment of SLOs as much as possible and appropriate.
- Assessment of SLOs is a part of the culture of the program.
- Incorporated into scheduled faculty discussions.
- Actions are revisited and reviewed as part of the ongoing assessment process.
II. AUNE Institutional Implementation of Academic Assessment
Assessment is an evidence-based process for evaluating the efficacy of AUNE’s goals and outcomes at all levels of operation.
- Foster the on-going evolution of a “learning culture” that encourages and enables learning at all levels and in all activities of the institution.
- Contribute to all members of the institution performing their jobs well.
- Describe the current status of the institution.
- Hold ourselves accountable for delivering on our goals.
- Identify the landscape of possibilities for the future.
All academic, administrative and educational support programs engage in goal setting and evidence-based decision making.
All members of the institution have access to assessment policies, processes, procedures, practices and results.
All members of the institution are involved appropriately in assessment processes and practices.
Evidence-based results are used within and across all levels of the institution for shared meaning making and decision-making.