Develop Your Own Philosophy
Active exchanges with faculty-practitioners stimulate your thinking as you examine the role of the mental health practitioner in the larger context of society and the global village. This environment fosters professional and personal growth and inspires your thinking as you develop a personal philosophy of psychological, social, and cultural change.
Practice in the Community
Antioch University New England’s fundamental belief in practical learning is reflected in all Department of Applied Psychology programs. You practice and apply what you learn in practica and internships that are close to home and rooted in community service.
Learn from Experienced Mental Health Counselors
Not only do your faculty teach, but they also practice outside the classroom. Because they work in the field and are active in regional and national organizations, they integrate standards of care and changes in the field into Applied Psychology program curricula.
Antioch University New England students take both face-to-face and online courses. Students in Applied Psychology programs may take a number of common core courses that are offered in a flexible online format. The core courses include tracks for each program as well as common content. To accommodate working students, on-campus courses are offered one to two days per week (for example, on Tuesdays or Tuesday and Wednesday). Part-time options are available for students seeking additional flexibility.
Academic and experiential course work, practica, and internships provide a comprehensive training experience for the students. The Applied Psychology coursework sequence is designed to provide the foundation for understanding the individual, interpersonal, family, and social domains of human experience. The curricula all involve integrated sequential learning experiences utilizing theoretical, experiential and clinical approaches.
Degrees and Programs
- MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with a Concentration in Substance Abuse/Addictions Counseling
- MA in Marriage and Family Therapy
- PhD in Marriage and Family Therapy
- MA in Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling
- MEd in Dance/Movement Therapy
- Post-Master’s Certificate of Respecialization in Dance/Movement Therapy
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Certificate
- Applied Behavior Analysis Certificate
- Marriage and Family Therapy Certificate
- Continuing Education Workshops
Antioch University New England is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.