International Student Guide


An international student is a citizen of any country other than the United States who needs a non-immigrant visa to pursue studies in the United States. (Permanent residents of the United States and refugees do not require student visas.) In addition to satisfying AUNE’s requirements for academic acceptance, international students must demonstrate their eligibility for visa approval before they can be admitted.

All international applicants must submit the documentation in the following areas:

  • Proof of a high level of proficiency in the English language is required. This proficiency is demonstrated by taking the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
  • Applicants need to achieve a score of at least 550 on the paper TOEFL test, 213 on the computer-based TOEFL test, 79-80 on the Internet-based TOEFL test or 6.0 on the IELTS test.
  • AUNE’s TOEFL Institution Code is 3694
  • TOEFL Study Guide
  • Information on these tests may be obtained at United States embassies, consulates, and information agency offices or by writing directly to TOEFL, CN 6151, Princeton, NJ 08451-6151, USA, or visiting the TOEFL website at
  • Test results must be forwarded directly to Antioch University New England, Office of Admissions, 40 Avon Street, Keene, NH 03431-3516, USA.
  • Certified documentation of financial support is necessary. U.S. government loans are not available to international students, and there are no substantial fellowships or assistantships available through Antioch University New England. Students are required to arrange funding from their own sources. International students must submit certified evidence of financial support for their educational and living expenses while at Antioch University New England. Applicants must request from the Office of Admissions the proper form for submitting this certified information. (This information is required in order to complete the I-20 paperwork for obtaining an F-1 student visa.) Current living costs for a single person for one year are estimated at approximately $24,400. Students on F-1 visas are not permitted to work except in limited on-campus employment. Upon request, we can provide international students with a brochure on financial planning which may be helpful for locating sources of educational funding.
  • More information on Tuition & Fees