Antioch University New England Names Dr. Stephen B. Jones President
With the selection of Dr. Stephen B. Jones, Felice Nudelman, chancellor of Antioch University, announces a successful search for the next president of Antioch University New England (AUNE). Dr. Jones will succeed Dr. David Caruso, who retires at the end of the 2012-2013 academic year after seven years as president of AUNE.
Dr. Jones brings twenty-eight years of academic leadership to his new post. For the past five years, he served as president of Urbana University in Urbana, Ohio, where he has provided leadership and vision in the areas of enrollment, sustainability, strategic planning, and community and business partnerships. Dr. Jones will begin at AUNE on July 1, 2013.
On behalf of the search team, we are absolutely thrilled that Stephen Jones will be the next president at Antioch University New England, Nudelman said. As a current president who led an effort to turn around a small university and enhance its vitality and entrepreneurial spirit, he brings decades of experience in institutional and academic leadership, financial management, and community engagement to AUNE. His passion for seeing education positively impact individuals and society is completely in line with Antioch University’s mission and we’re very happy that he will now be part of Antioch University’s community.
Thank you to all our Search Committee members:
- Co-chairs: Nudelman and Charlton MacVeagh, a member of the AUNE Board of Trustees
- Stephen Neun, AUNE vice president for academic affairs
- Susan Howard, AUNE director of financial services
- Marilyn Castriotta, AUNE student
- George Tremblay, AUNE professor of clinical psychology
- Michael H. Simpson, chair of AUNE’s Department of Environmental Studies
- AUNE Faculty Chair, to be determined
- Don Shumway, AUNE board of trustees
- Martha Summerville, AUNE board of trustees
- Tex Boggs, Antioch University Los Angeles, campus president
- Maureen Curley, Antioch University board of governors
- Art Zucker, Antioch University board of governors
- Paul Doeg and Jean Scott, team members from the search firm, R. H. Perry & Associates
- Michelle Ward, chancellor’s office, the committee staff