This program is full. If you would like to put your name on our waiting list, please complete and submit this form. Thank you.
Nature preschools and forest kindergartens are flowering across New England and the United States. What can we learn from the pioneer practitioners in the field?
Join us to celebrate spring and explore promising practices in nature-based early childhood. We'll have talks in the morning and after lunch, opportunities to sing, dance, explore in the landscape and talk to colleagues about the good things they're doing. Topics we'll address will include:
- Language development and nature education
- Landscape planning for play
- The benefits and challenges of being outside every day
- Risk management–the rewards and challenges of nature play
- Will my child be ready for kindergarten or first grade?
- Rhythm, ritual and rhyme through the day
- Hunts, collections and cozy dens.
Of course, we'll try to be outside rain or shine. Bring your raingear, wellies, sunny and rainy dispositions, and organic bug repellent.
Antioch University New England
$125 general registration, $100 for a team of 4, $75 for Alumni, $50 for current matriculated students
|For those interested in digging deeper, keep tuned for a series of professional development courses in Nature-based Early Childhood starting in summer 2013. We'll be offering weeklong and weekend courses throughout the year for current practitioners and those interested in planting and growing new programs. Contact David Sobel at firstname.lastname@example.org|