Learn to build and maintain a professional learning community committed to improving practice through collaborative learning. Teacher leaders and administrators in this training will learn how to facilitate honest and productive conversations with colleagues focused on improving student learning and improving teacher practices.
Some of the skills coaches will gain include:
- Setting norms for working together
- Active listening
- Understanding guidelines for dialogue
- Understanding the dynamics of offering and receiving warm (supportive) or cool feedback
- Formulating clarifying and probing questions
- Using protocols for examining student and teacher work, for solving problems, setting goals, observing peers, and building teams