June 15-18, 2014
Antioch University New England, Keene, NH
- Registration & Fees:
Online Registration Now Open!
- Lodging Info:
See area lodging info (PDF)
2014 Conservation Psychology Institute Overview
Attending the Conservation Psychology Institute (CPI) at Antioch University New England will afford participants a balance of opportunities including interactive learning, one on one mentoring with experts, and opportunities for networking with a diverse group of peers. The CPI faculty are all gifted educators and coursework will balance classroom experiences, small and large group dialogue, and with hands-on activities that illustrate conservation psychology topics. Our 4-day institute will build toward applied and scenario-based activities drawn from the experiences of the faculty and the institute participants.
Keene, New Hampshire is a walkable and picturesque New England town that has a wide Main Street with a wide choice of eateries that can satisfy any budget. If the weather is good you can always eat outside. After hours, institute participants are welcome to gather informally in small groups over dinner. Institute faculty and participants will gather at a nearby park for a cookout with vegetarian options. One evening during the institute, we will share dinner at Keene’s noted microbrewery for networking and socializing, and our final day includes a catered lunch and presentation and discussion of the applied group projects developed by institute participants.
Who Would Benefit From This Program?
- Communication and education practitioners in community and non-profit organizations with a focus on land conservation, climate change action, watershed protection, forest stewardship or biodiversity preservation.
- Communication and education practitioners in organizations concerned with the role of nature and the environment in human health and well-being.
- Climate action, conservation, and sustainability professionals, including those in federal, state or local government agencies, the business sector, and non-profit organizations.
- Students and educators interested in a working knowledge of the field of conservation psychology.
- Individuals across a range of organizational settings interested in learning about conservation psychology principles.
- The Institute is particularly effective for participants who register as teams, and would like to work on a specific organizational challenge as part of the intensive.
Please register early to save your place! Register now.