How the Center Works
You can think of this Center as being a lot like a venture capital operation. Its work focuses on giving smart, evidence-driven ideas the support they needmonetarily, conceptually, and administrativelyto get off the ground. David A. Caruso, former AUNE president
CAI Projects include
- Northeast Conference on Climate Change Preparedness
- Conservation Psychology Institute - (this project has been incubated with CAI support and launched via AUNE’s Continuing Education Division)
- Translating Research to Inform Policy
- Institute on Counselor Wellness
Council on Academic Innovation
The CAI convenes a Council on Academic Innovation to provide expert advice to the CAI about awarding grants and other aspects of its operations. The members are:
- Dr. Barbara Andrews, program director for the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program in the AUNE Department of Applied Psychology.
- David Grant, former president and CEO of the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation and now a consultant to schools, foundations, and organizations, and a trustee for three nonprofits.
- Bob Coulter, Director of the Litzsinger Road Ecology Center of the Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis, Missouri and an alumnus of AUNE’s Department of Education.
- Eileen Lawrence, cofounder and vice president of sales and marketing for the Alexander Street Press and alumna of AUNE’s Department of Education.
- Gregg Tewksbury, president and CEO of Savings Bank of Walpole.
We are interested in your ideas. For more information call 603-283-2344 or email Marilyn Castriotta, Coordinator, The Center for Academic Innovation.